Prepare your house for a cosy Autumn…..
It’s that time of year again, the orange season is upon us where you dig out your woolly jumpers, take a stroll through a gorgeous leafy park and order yourself a ginger spiced latte – delightful. But of course as much as it’s important to get yourselves ready for the winter months and give your coats a purpose again, it’s crucial to get your home all prepped and ready so you can get the best out of those wonderfully cosy months ahead. Here we’ve put together 5 tips on how to prepare your home ….
- Enjoy the warming tones of Autumn in your home by getting in a seasonal flower display. A simple arrangement of gorgeous orange, yellow and red tones will really warm up your kitchen, dining room or lounge.
- Keep your home toasty and make sure you have enough firewood ready for the season, and order it in advance. If you don’t have a fireplace, invest in some candles, its surprising how much heat, comfort and cosiness they can bring in to a home, especially when its chilly outside.
- Get yourself a nice big chunky blanket for the sofa, or just layer up if you’ve had extra’s tucked away in the cupboard. It’s a good idea to get some more cushions as well to make movie nights that extra bit more comfortable.
- As we can pretty much always depend on our English wet weather for the coming months, it’s a good idea to invest in a sturdy big door matt to wipe shoes off without it getting in to the house. Making more room for outerwear in general for all those coats and boots – a shoe rack, umbrella holder and some strong hooks are a great way to do so.
- Why not make the most out of your garden furniture and create a cosy corner outside. Set up some cushions, a nice thick blanket and enjoy watching the stars with a nice cup of hot chocolate. Better yet, set yourself up some outdoor tea lights and it will make your garden look magical!